That Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly, and Glenn Beck were subsequently murdered. And it was a fantastic dream because it felt as if journalists could finally take back the media. And then of course I woke up. I know, I know — it’s awful to dream about someone being murdered. I really do hope the day does come that these three (amongst many others) will be dethroned from the media forever.
So now that I am on the topic of individuals we can do without, I will update you all on what’s going on with the GOP.
1) John Boener (R-OH) wants you to retire at the age of 70.
2) Republicans have once again blocked another bill. I would hate to be at the same party at these guys with all the blocking they do. They now have blocked the extension of unemployment benefits.
3) Not only do they feel that all illegal immigrants should be deported, but the 14th Amendment should be repealed too!
4) If tried for crimes, BP should be exonerated from the Gulf Oil disaster. Oh, and that the escrow fund set up for Gulf residents is *wrong.*
5) Dems cower to their every whim and passes a shitty Wall Street Reform bill.
I could go on and on but I’ll just sum it up this way: They hate taxes, they hate poor people, they love corporations, they hate big government, they love big government when it comes to regulating private lives (gay marriage, abortion), they love the 20% that holds 93% of American wealth, they hate social programs, they love dehumanizing people from Mexico by calling them “illegal” and “anchor babies,” they love freedom and claim it isn’t free but still hate paying taxes, they love the idea of people being wage slaves until they are 70 years of age, they love war, they hate socialized medicine and feel it is not an American right (even though we have the moral obligation and the means to provide it), they love talking about how people who are unemployed are lazy, they love laughing about starving children in the US, they love Fox News even if it is tearing down the integrity of journalism, they hate the environment, they hate, hate, hate. And they are expecting landslide victories for the next election.
So don’t feel bad if you haven’t read the news in a while. Nothing’s changed.